i watched the GOTHAM pilot on HULU and here are some of my thoughts.
- it is not likely that millionaires should go to the movies, a plain ole theatre worked just fine.
- Harvey Bullock and Jim Gordon made me wish for a TV version of Sam and Twitch.
- the dialogue alternated between, campy, unnecessary and excellent, to varying degrees.
- i like Fish Mooney. she will do until the classic characters evolve.
- mi casa es su casa? *sheeesh*
- the sadistic penguin was fun to watch but de-emphasized the cunning aspect of the penguin. vintage Penguin is two-parts genius, one part sadist.
- the cinematograhy is top notch, a crisp, clean Gotham by daylight, eerie at night. good stuff!
- Poison Ivy, Catwoman, the Joker, Penguin, Bruce Wayne, Jim Gordon, et al, are all in their early development stages, should the show have legs we may yet to arrive at a new Batman show for the 21st Century, fully fleshed out with a Rogue's Gallery in place.
- Renee Montoya had an affair with Barbara Keane? who knew?
- favorite line: "cannot have organized crime without law and order". this line presages what we already know, that the Freaks will bloom when the Batman makes his entrance.
- the Penguin should be deaf in his right ear. - little regal Bruce is already in charge of his own destiny.
- i am not going out of my way, but i will watch the show whenever it is opportune to do so, GOTHAM has great potential.